About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next-generation FinTech company headquartered in Houston with additional offices in San Diego and Chicago. We provide easy-to-use and accessible financial products that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our goal to create a transparent and fair debt management service tailored to the consumer’s individual situation.
Our management team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management market. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to better serve our customers. Our workforce is a community of famous and diverse backgrounds working towards the common goal of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
Hiring during the pandemic
Beyond Finance is committed to employee health and safety. We have developed and implemented a plan to conduct remote interviews and onboarding. While we would love to return to the office one day, we are committed to doing so in a safe and responsible manner to minimize risk to our employees and their families.
About the role
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work closely with end users to determine business domain data needs and discuss the meaning of data coming from the source system. You will also offer your own recommendations and ideas for what can be done with the data beyond the initial requirements.
You must be prepared to dig deeper into the data and understand its meaning, understand idiosyncrasies, and communicate on both a technical and business level. You will work in partnership with the team of data warehouse architects to create useful data structures for multiple internal stakeholders that solve immediate needs and anticipate long-term issues. You will ensure definitions are documented and act as a coach to other data users.
what you gonna do
- Develop a deep understanding of existing data in at least one system, including how the data is produced and used by the application. This will involve examining the data by writing SQL and, examining the data for anomalies and patterns, and confirming popular opinion
- Know how to create a data abstraction layer different from the transaction system or the incoming system
- Document and map existing operational system data structures to new curated data structures so that data engineers can use them for ETL (Exact, Transform, Load) work.
- Work with various business groups to understand their short and long term business needs and create a plan to deliver the data using the existing system or request the production of new data
- Lead the governance process to ensure that all stakeholders are congruent on the meaning of the data and that it is well documented
- Build the BI abstraction layer, providing the meaning created for BI reporting; ensure BI access is considered when accessing data and reports
- Create BI reports as needed and train others in the ability to create BI reports, teaching them the concepts and complexities
- Maintain a data dictionary of definitions of tables, columns and possible values
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of work experience in analytics, business intelligence or reporting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information systems, computer science, analytics, mathematics or similar discipline
- Understand relational databases, tables, columns, and data types
- Be comfortable writing complicated SQL
- Demonstrate proficiency in setting up reports in a BI tool such as PowerBI, Looker, Tableau or similar
- Be curious and skeptical as you examine the data to make sure it makes sense and adheres to popular opinion
- See the perspective of many business stakeholders and understand dimensional modeling
- Use excellent communication skills to work well with a wide range of stakeholders
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders with the ability to generate consensus
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join an innovative, dynamic and growing company. We offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Unlimited personal leave
- 401(K) matching
- Merit-based advancement opportunities
- Career development and training
Most importantly, our team spirit and culture is what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class fintech company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Read the full job description