The United States Peace Corps/Madagascar recruits for:
ONE (1) GENERAL SERVICE FACILITIES ASSISTANT (GSA-F)
The Facilities General Services Assistant (GSA-F) plays a primary role in ensuring the functionality of Peace Corps (PC) facilities, including offices and residences, apparatus and facilities. He/she is responsible for the maintenance, repairs and upgrades of IT facilities, residences and property and provides logistical support to IT activities and events as required. He/she identifies the materials and equipment necessary for the repair and maintenance of the installations; solicits pro forma invoices and quotes for supplies, equipment and outside contractors; organizes a schedule to ensure routine maintenance of PC property; and helps manage offsite storage and plan auctions. He/she also provides ongoing support to the GSA-Property and Mechanic, helping to maintain generators and volunteer bikes and other equipment.
The GSA-F works under the supervision of the General Services Manager (GSM) and works closely with the other members of the GS team. This is a full-time position (40 hours, five days a week) based in Tana with occasional travel. Due to the nature of the work, urgent repairs may sometimes be required after business hours, on weekends or on public holidays.
- High school diploma (Baccalaureate)
- Professional certificate in electricity and plumbing or in a related field with a minimum of two years of prior experience as a maintenance and repair worker, WHERE at least five years of work experience with demonstrated electrical and plumbing experience
- Excellent spoken and written Malagasy and fluency in spoken and written French or English
- Possibility to travel outside of Tana for several days at a time.
- Valid Malagasy driving license B and C
- Experience working with the US government, another embassy and/or an international organization.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Interested candidates should visit https://www.peacecorps.gov/madagascar/contracts for more information.
Applications must be received no later than March 11, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. local time.
Candidates must submit their application file (in PDF format) by email to MG-Jobs@peacecorps.gov
All attachments must be in PDF format and must not exceed 4 MB for an email.
Please include “Ref: GSA-F” in the subject line of the email.
To consider, all requests must include the following:
- A letter of interest (in English or French) accompanied by a CV (in English or French, and containing the contact details of 3 professional references) addressing the obligatory qualifications;
- A photocopy of the identity card; and
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates Related the qualifications required for this position.
High potential candidates will be invited to interview at the Peace Corps office. Interviews will be conducted in English or French. Incomplete applications will be not be eligible for consideration.